I don’t know about y’all, but I love me some pancakes!
Not only are they easy to make and perfect for a homestyle breakfast (or supper!), they’re also super versatile. I can vary the final product depending on what I have in my pantry/frig. Plain pancakes are great, but throw in some chocolate chips and suddenly breakfast is a whole lot more fun! Add blueberries, strawberry chunks, or apple bits as an easy way to “healthy-up” those carbs. And, don’t forget the bacon! Crumbled bits of crunchy, cooked bacon are a definite crowd pleaser around here.
And just when I thought pancakes couldn’t get any easier…Enter: mini-pancakes that can be baked in the oven! No need to stand at a griddle waiting on all the pancakes to cook. They cook themselves in the oven leaving me free to read a book. (Just kidding about the “reading the book” part. I wish!)
So much simplicity. So many options.
What you’ll need:
- Prepared pancake batter (homemade or boxed)
- Add-ins (chocolate chips, cooked/crumbled bacon, strawberry chunks, blueberries…the possibilities are endless!)
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Butter mini muffin cups
- Spoon batter into muffin cups (fill about 3/4 of the way)
- Sprinkle tops with desired add-ins
- Bake for about 12 minutes
- Using my basic homemade pancake recipe, I normally get 30 mini muffins
Notes & Suggestions:
Top with warm homemade syrup for double the yumminess!
Make up the batter the night before to save time.
Add a bit of cinnamon when using apple chunks. (YUM!)
If you’re only using one add-in, mix it right into the batter saving the extra step of topping the pancake batter.
Triple your recipe and freeze for mornings when you’re really in a hurry!
Sub whole wheat flour for all or some of flour if making homemade.
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Candy (see all)
- Sharing the Joy of Reading – July 24, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #151 – Cheap Summer Activities – June 21, 2017
- 10 Fun Activities You Can do with Your Kids that Double as Exercise – June 19, 2017