Isn’t it great that we get to start the day out in prayer – or that we can stop anytime during the day? What a privilege to able to approach the throne and sit at the feet of JESUS!! I hope you’re beginning to see some fruit in your own life and your’s husband’s at this point, but if not… just a reminder from a previous post that God honors our faithful seeking – so stay strong!
Day 8 deals with Fear. Sometimes it’s hard for me to imagine my big strong husband being afraid of anything! But only a fool would believe that anyone is exempt from fear at one point or another – chalk it up to the human condition.
Read Chapter 8 – “His Fears” from PPW
Questions for thought/journaling:
1) List any of the fears your husband has. Ask him, too, if he has any that he would like you to pray about. How have you been affected by his fears?
2) When you have the fear of the Lord, what does God promise to do? (page 89 – it’s quite a list! And worth writing out…)
3) Read Psalm 27:1 – When God is your strength, of whom should you be afraid? Read 1 John 4:18 – What takes away fear? Read Psalm 34:4 – how could you pray for your husband so that he would be set free from fear?
Interesting bit of trivia I heard once: did you know that the phrases “fear not” or “do not fear” appear 365 times in Scripture? (No, I didn’t check that out – I took the pastor at his word!) Whether or not that’s an exact count, I’ve personally read it enough times to know that He’s serious about trusting in Him to rid fear from my life and my husband’s life – daily!
Be courageous, live fearlessly and “see you” tomorrow :-)!
I sought the Lord and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife, Work,Finances,Sexuality, Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
Shared with: Cornerstone Confessions
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #129 – Let’s hit the ground runnin’! - January 18, 2017
- Documenting life experiences in a high school transcript - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day Resources - January 13, 2017