So glad you’re joining me as we pray for our husbands – or future husbands – today! We won’t let up just ’cause it’s the weekend, will we?! 🙂
From the introduction to The Power of a Praying Wife: “A wife’s prayers for her husband have a far greater effect on him than anyone esle’s, even his mother’s. A mother’s prayers for her child are certainly fervent. But when a man marries, he…becomes one with his wife (Matt 19:5) The strength of a man and wife joined together in God’s sight is far greater than the sum of the strengths of each of the 2 individuals…That’s also why there is so much at stake if we don’t pray. (emphasis mine)
Day 5 deals with Sexuality. Yes, a “touchy subject” (pun intended), but elemental to a healthy marriage! Aside from the “woman need intimacy, men need sex” debate, among others, there is NO debate that we all have needs. As “marrieds”, the Lord calls us to submit to one another and serve one another. Whatever you call it, this is the one need that our husbands cannot get filled in any other relationship, so our actions and attitudes are foundationally important.
Read Chapter 4 – “His Sexuality” from “The Power of a Praying Wife” (if you have it)
Think about…ask yourself…journaling your answers is very helpful…
- Do you feel your sexual relationship with your husband is good, not good, or somewhere in between? How would you like to see it change, if need be? Explain. Pray that God would make it what you want to be, and asking for His covering and blessing over it.
- List the top 10 priorities in your life – the things that occupy your time, attention and energy. Where does your relationship with your husband fall? Where does the sexual aspect of your relationship fall? If they’re not where they should be, what are the reasons for that? Write a prayer asking God to help you make any changes He shows you.
- Read 1 Corinthians 7:4-5 . Are you sexually available for your husband at his request? Have you ever kept yourself from being available to him when you could have done otherwise? Ask God to help you both be in complete unity about this aspect of your relationship. Confess any times you kept yourself from your husband when you could have done otherwise.
- Do you ever sense frustration in your husband over your sexual relationship? Have you or your husband ever been tempted toward infidelity? Has that ever been acted upon? Write a prayer asking God to help you do whatever it takes to improve your relationship in this area and to protect you both from immorality.
- Do you keep yourself sexually attractive to your husband? Do you try to stay healthy, fit, clean, attractively attired and rested? Is there anything you could do to improve yourself physically, emotionally, mentally or spirituall? Write a prayer asking God to bless you with an inner and outer attractiveness to your husband that keeps him from being attracted to anyone else.
I once read an analogy of withholding yourself from your husband compared to him withholding food and oxygen from me – neither of us would last long without them! When it comes down to it, the times that this has been “an issue” were really just me being plain ol’ selfish, or allowing other unrelated issues to remain unresolved. Ouch!
Have a blessed day, and please stop by again on Monday. Let me encourage you to keep praying for your husband tomorrow, but also get away from tech for the day and enjoy some time together!
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure... Click To Tweet
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife, Work, Finances, Sexuality, Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure… Hebrews 13:4
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- How to Plan a Homeschool Graduation - April 24, 2017
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Earth Day Resources - April 21, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #142 – Another way to save money - April 19, 2017