Whew, I don’t know about you – but I sure was not ready for today…
Note: This post has affiliate links.
My husband and I will be working on filing taxes this weekend (yes, we applied for an extension – again!) and updating our household spending plan (read: budget), so I’ve been trying to get our stuff together. Not my very favorite thing to do… But this topic is so very relevant to our upcoming weekend 😉
If you’re been with us all week – congratulations for staying the course so far! If this is your first day, we’re happy that you’re joining us as we work through the book The Power of a Praying Wife. You can click on this link to get access to all the posts in this series.
Day 4 deals with Finances. Arguments over money, whether it’s the lack thereof or the management of same, is a common “bone of contention” between spouses, although it is usually symptomatic of other deeper issues. So let’s get right to it and not leave a foothold, shall we?
Read Chapter 3 – “His Finances” from PPW (if you have it)
Think about…ask yourself…journaling your answers is very helpful…
- Is your husband a financially responsible person, or is he sometimes irresponsible with money? How do you feel about that?
- Read Luke 12:29-31. Does your husband suffer from anxiety about finances? Describe. In light of ths verse, shwat should he be doing about it? How could you pray about this?
- Read Malachi 3:10. Does your husband have a heart to give as God directs in this passage, or does he need to move into this area of obedience to God? Read Matthew 6:21. Is your husband’s focus on his finances or on serving the Lord? If you don’t know, ask God to show you, and write down what He reveals. Ask God to speak to your husband about this matter as well.
- Have you and your husband been financially depleted for an oppressively long time? Does it seem that every time you start to get ahead, something comes along to steal finances away? Explain and be specific. Ask God to end financial loss, strain, poverty or lack of blessing in your lives. Tell Satan he cannot steal and rob from you and your husband any longer!!
- Is there anything you could do to help relieve the financial burden on your husband? Ask God to show you, and journal your answer. If you are working to support the family also, write a prayer asking God to bless the work of your hands and make it fruitful.
As we move forward, you may want to ask the Lord to lead you to an accountability partner. Make sure this is someone you trust, and has a deep faith and love for both the Lord and her husband (if she’s married). I find it so very encouraging and helpful to enlist the help of someone like that when discouragement sets in, or when I’m dealing with a particularly challenging issue!
Accountability partners are so helpful when I'm dealing with a particularly challenging issue! Click To Tweet
Thank you for joining me this month!!
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife, Work, Finances, Sexuality, Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these… And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. Luke 12:27, 29-31
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #129 – Let’s hit the ground runnin’! - January 18, 2017
- Documenting life experiences in a high school transcript - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day Resources - January 13, 2017