Day 14 deals with Integrity. “Integrity is not what you appear to be when all eyes are on you. It’s who you are when no one is looking.” (p 117) There’s nothing harder than taking a stand that is unpopular and uncomfortable…and sticking with it when nobody’s around! Ohhh, ladies, we need to keep prayin’ for our men… There’s alot of good stuff in this chapter today…
Read Chapter 14 – “His Integrity” from PPW
Questions for thought/journaling:
- Integrity means to adhere to moral and ethical principles. Do you feel your husband is a man of integrity? Is he a man of his word? Why or why not?
- Read John 16:13. In light of this scripture, how can you pray for moral and ethical guidance for your husband?
- Read Proverbs 20:7. In light of this Scripture, what is another important reason to pray for your husband’s integrity?
- Is your husband easily deceived? Have you ever seen him being deceived in any way? Write a prayer asking God to open your husband’s eyes to the truth so that the enemy will not be able to blind him.
- Any man can be bombarded by the enemy seeking to destroy him. Do you sense there are influences around your husband trying to sway him away from the paths of righteousness? Identify those influences and write a prayer asking God to remove them from his life.
There are so very many challenges to our integrity these days. Whether it’s fudging on taxes, keeping incorrect change, telling a “little white lie”, or engaging in gossip, or a myriad of other examples, it’s important for us to remember that even when “nobody” is watching, SOMEbody IS 😉
And the same goes for us…
Have a blessed day, and “see you” tomorrow 🙂
Better is the poor who walks in his integrity than one perverse in his ways, though he be rich. Proverbs 28:6
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife,Work,Finances,Sexuality,Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning tomorrow, we will be posting 2 days’ worth of topics each day in order to complete the series by Father’s Day. If you would like to receive the entire series at a later time in the form of a daily devotional, you can sign up here. I’ll be sending these out via email, with bonus material, before Thanksgiving and we can work through them together again.
Shared with: Hope in Every Season
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- How to Plan a Homeschool Graduation - April 24, 2017
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Earth Day Resources - April 21, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #142 – Another way to save money - April 19, 2017