Hi there…don’t know about you, but today I’ve started feeling quite a bit of spiritual warfare…it was really hard to get to this this morning, and I’ve got way too much on my “to-do” list, and suffering from sever lack of motivation, but I know that this is the right thing to do, so we press on…
Day 12 deals with Protection. “How many times have we heard stories about men who where on the battlefield and at the very moment when they were in the greatest danger, they experienced miraculous deliverance, only to learn later that someone back home was praying at that same moment?” (p.107) Rule of thumb: during this month, and always, pray for your man whenever the Spirit leads you!!
Read Chapter 12 – “His Protection” from PPW
Questions for thought/journaling:
- Do you believe God will answer your prayers of protection for your husband? Why?
- Read Psalm 61:3. Read Psalm 91:11-12. Pray these Scriptures over your husband, inserting his name where appropriate.
- Do you see any possible dangers in your husband’s life that need to be covered in prayer? List them specifically so you can be specific in your prayers for him.
- Read Psalm 18:3. How are you and your husband protected from any enemy?
- Do you believe that when you call upon the Lord He will hear your prayers and save you and your husband from your enemies? If not, why? And pray that God will give you the faith you need to call on him and trust him in the midst of any battle you are going through today.
No matter what happens today...remember God's got it! Click To Tweet
As much as we pray for protection, however, we need to remember and trust that nothing that happens to our husbands, or any of our loved ones, for that matter, is a surprise to the Lord… And when accidents or illness or tragedies happen ~ as they sometimes will ~ know that God still has us in the palm of His hand; He is still in control; He is still Lord over His creation and time and troubles…and He will be beside us every step of the way.
So rather than closing with “Be safe today”, let me suggest “Be with Him today”…
In the time of trouble He shall bide me in His pavilion; in the secret place of His tabernacle He shall hide me: He shall set me high upon a rock. Psalm 27:5
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife,Work,Finances,Sexuality,Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- How to Plan a Homeschool Graduation - April 24, 2017
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Earth Day Resources - April 21, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #142 – Another way to save money - April 19, 2017