Good afternoon! Well, we’re cruising right along here…are you getting in the habit yet of praying for your darlin’ hubby every day…intentionally?? If not, don’t worry. Just keep pluggin’ along with us – they say it takes a full 3 weeks to develop a habit, and we’re only workin’ on the second week. There’s still hope :-)!
If you’ve been following our series, you may have noticed that I failed to post yesterday. Well, actually, for a few minutes we did have a draft that I’d started actually publish (to my horror!), but luckily I caught it quickly (thanks, Andrew!).
Rather than fuss and fret over it, however, I thought I’d take the opportunity to use MY mess up to encourage YOU! During the course of 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband, there will be days that you will be really busy and may put off this time…even don’t get to it…especially if you haven’t an established time for prayer.
Don’t be discouraged! God knows your heart, he knows your desires and your intentions, and only He is able to take our mess-ups and our foibles, and make all things new 🙂
Now let’s move on…
Day 11 deals with Health. Good health is never anything to take for granted – just ask someone who has ever been seriously ill.
Read Chapter 11 – “His Health” from PPW (You don’t need to have this book to continue with our series, but it IS a wonderful marriage resource! You can order it from Amazon here: The Power of a Praying Wife Please note: this is an affiliate link. Thank you for your purchase!)
Think about…ask yourself…journaling your answers is very helpful…
- How would you describe your husband’s health? Are there specific areas that concern you?
- Does your husband have good or bad health habits? Explain. Does he have good intentions but poor follow-through, good intentions and good follow-through, or no intentions at all regarding his health?
- Does your husband have particular habits that bother you because they undermine his health? Explain what they are. Would you describe your attitude about then as being pleasantly patient, cheerfully convicting or notoriously nagging?
- Read Proverbs 16:24. How can you contribute to your husband’s health and well-being?
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:16 and Romans 12:1 and pray them over your husband, inserting his name wherever there are pronouns.
Even though we pray and have faith, God's will and purpose and timing will prevail... Click To Tweet
Remember that although God’s promises are true, and He is always able, the outcome of any situation is always in His hands and in His timing. We find peace in accepting that ~ prayer opens up the pathway to both His power and that peace.
I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will heal you. 2 Kings 20:5
Have a blessed day, and be well…
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife, Work,Finances,Sexuality,Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.