I love Saturdays! ‘Cept this weekend I’ll be traveling a bit: we’re going wedding dress shopping for my eldest daughter, and then attending an engagement party the next day that my daughter-in-law is hosting for her! Fun, fun, fun! 🙂
Note: This post has affiliate links.
It occurs to me that all of our events this weekend are centered around today’s theme: Choice. We’re choosing a dress because my daughter and future son-in-law have chosen each other, my son and daughter-in-law are choosing to welcome their new brother-in-law into the family…and on and on. We’re always faced with choices…and our marriages can be affected negatively or positively by the ones we make daily.
Let’s crack open the Word, pour you “a cuppa” and dig in this morning as we pray for this aspect of our husband’s life.
Day 10 deals with Choice. The word “choice” is over-used and mis-used these days; gaining a negative connotation in many circles. But God created us with the ability to choose – and set us up with tools to equip us to make wise decisions, if we choose to use those tools.
Some reminders, or news if you’re just getting started with us.
- In Stormie Omartian’s book The Power of a Praying Wife, she devotes a week to each of these topics. For our blog’s purposes, we are covering them daily. However, please take as much time as you’d like. You can always pick up with the series by clicking on the image in the sidebar to your right. It will open up all of the posts in a new page and you can pick up wherever you left off.
- As you work through this, please consider sharing a brief testimony of God’s blessing and how He touched and healed your marriage throughout this month – to HIS glory… And please do pass this on to anyone you know who may benefit from our study.
- You will need a Bible, a journal or notebook to jot down prayers/answers, an open heart.
Read “His Choices” from The Power of a Praying Wife from PPW (if you have it)
Think about…ask yourself…journaling your answers is very helpful…
- Read Proverbs 1:7. Does your husband seek God before making decisions? Does he wait for God’s leading before acting? Explain. Do you feel he generally makes good decisions? Why or why not?
- Does your husband ask your advice before making major decisions or choices with significant ramifications? Why or why not? When you do give your husband advice, does he weigh it carefully before making a decision – how does that make you feel? How can your prayers help him make wise choices?
- Read Proverbs 1:5. Read/write this as a prayer over your husband…
- Read Proverbs 11:14. Are there Godly people with whom your husband could seek counsel regarding certain decision he has to make? Who are they? If not, ask God to send them into your husband’s life. Pray also that he would receive it.
My prayer is that this study is blessing you and your husband and your marriage, making it stronger, bearing more fruit, and equipping you to be used together well by the Lord. Please do pass this on to anyone that may also be blessed by it!
Choose well today…
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:7
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife, Work,Finances,Sexuality, Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #129 – Let’s hit the ground runnin’! - January 18, 2017
- Documenting life experiences in a high school transcript - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day Resources - January 13, 2017