Don’t know about you, but I have a busy day planned for today – so let’s dig right in!
Day 9 deals with Purpose. In the day-to-day of life, purpose is the thing that gets us up in the morning. In the bigger scheme of things, purpose is what keeps us goin’… God certainly has a purpose for our lives, despite the fact that we so often get distracted or veer off the path. I know that the darkest days my husband has ever had were when he felt disconnected at home and without a role at work.
Read Chapter 9 – “His Purpose” from PPW (if you have it)
Questions for thought/journaling:
- Do you have a sense of what your husband’s purpose in life is, or who God created him to be? If you don’t know, ask God to show you. Does your husband have an understanding of God’s call? What is it?
- Do you feel your husband is fulfilling God’s call on his life? How would you like to see him better move in that/those area/s? How can you support him in prayer to help protect him from doubt and discouragement?
- Read Ephesians 1:17-19 and Psalm 20:4. Pray those Scriptures over your husband, inserting/replacing his name in context.
- Have you sought God about the call on your own life? If so, what is it? If not, ask God to reveal it to you!
- The call on your life and the call on your husband’s life will never be in conflict! If they seem to be, ask God to clarify that to you. It may have to do with timing. How do you see God working this out in both of your lives? If you don’t know, write out a prayer asking Him to reveal it to you.
Stormie reminds us: “a wife can’t put pressure on her husband to be something, but she can pray for him to become it. She can pray that be be molded according to God’s plan and not anyone else’s. Then, who he becomes will be determined by whether he hears God’s call on his life or not.” (p.93)
Have a fabulous Friday, and don’t forget we’ll be publishing a post tomorrow, Saturday, during this series! So keep a prayerful mindset over the weekend, ladies!
As God has distributed to each one, as the Lord has called each one, so let him walk. 1 Cor 7:17
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas: His wife,Work,Finances,Sexuality, Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose, Choices, Health, Protection, Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions, Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the complete series? Find the whole study here.
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Co-op chat – July 21, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #155 – Everything under the sun – July 19, 2017
- Moms: Take Time to Color
and Be All the Better For It! – July 17, 2017