You’ve seen this other places and in other forms, but as a lead-up to Father’s Day I would like to suggest that we pray for our children’s dad. Whether your kids are at home or have flown the coop, please join us! Even if you’re not married, but hope to be someday, you can take this as an opportunity to pray for your future husband, and in the process, allow God to mold you into the wife He wants you to be…
We’ll be crafting this series based on the study guide of Stormie Omartian’s The Power of a Praying Wife. If you have the book, great – get it out and break it open! If not, you can purchase it on Amazon here. Even if you don’t have or want to buy it, however, you are welcome to join us!
So, today is Day 1. And since I discovered I had a copy of the Study Guide (sadly, gathering dust right along with the book), I cracked it open and thought I would share a few of the questions and Scripture references they propose. (NOTE: Each of the chapters in the book is dedicated to a week. For our purposes here, we are praying though each topic daily.)
Please keep in mind:
- I realize my limitations (and sensitivity to copyright infringement!) and will not be posting every question in every chapter. I am asking for, and trusting, the Lord’s leading in posting those He points out to me…
- My desire to post some of them from each chapter over the next 30 days is both for your edification and my accountability! I sincerely need the latter, too! 😉
- As you go through this, please consider sharing a brief testimony of God’s blessing and how He touched and healed your marriage throughout this month – to HIS glory… And please do pass this on to anyone you know who may benefit from our study.
- If you’re comfortable doing so, feel free to underline passage in Scripture that are meaningful to you, and/or make notes in the margin.
What you will need: your Bible, a journal or notebook to jot down prayers/answers, an open heart.
If you have the book, read “The Power” and Chapter 1 –
- Read Matthew 19:3-6. Do you believe that you and your husband are 1 in the site of God? Are there places in your marriage where you are not working together as a team? List those areas. Ask God to make you and your husband more unified, and ask Him to show you what you can do to facilitate that unity.
- Are there places in your marriage where you feel hopeless? List them and bring them before the Lord. Remember, sincere confession helps us acknowledge our error before God so He can free us from it, and so the devil can’t paralyze us with it!
- Read Joel 2:25. What things do you see depleting life out of your marriage? What does God promise He will do when things have been eaten away from our lives?
- Read Matthew 10:39. Do you trust God enough to answer His call to lay down your life in prayer for your husband? Why or why not? If not, write down a prayer asking God to trust Him enough to make this commitment.
- Tell your husband you are going to start praying for him in a new and positive way every day, and ask him to share with you any prayer requests he may have. Write down his reaction and any requests he has…
OK – there you go! 5 questions to get you started. Ladies, start your engines…my prayer for you is that you may “know this love that surpasses knowledge —that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” Eph 3:19-21
In this 30 Days of Praying for Your Husband series, we will be covering the following areas:
His wife, Work,Finances,Sexuality,Affections, Temptations and Trials, His Mind, Fears, Purpose,Choices,Health,Protection,Integrity, Reputation, Priorities, Relationships, Fatherhood, His Past, Attitude, Marriage, Emotions,Walk, Talk, Repentance, Deliverance, Obedience, Self-Image, Faith, Future
Interested in the going through the whole series? Find the whole study here.
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Book Review – The ABCs of How We Learn - February 27, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #134 –
Possibilities with Praxis - February 22, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #133 –
Bittersweet…and back to work! - February 15, 2017