You are coming down off the Christmas high and you are probably tired, have a ton of cleanup to do and don’t feel like cooking a thing. Here’s a great recipe I created that is a play between a loaded baked potato and nachos! It’s Potato Nachos! This is a quick recipe and you can really add to it based on what you have available in your kitchen.
potatoes (for two people I used two)
fresh spinach leaves
1. Pre-heat oven to 400. Brown the ground turkey and season with the taco seasoning of your choice. (a combo of I use cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and minced garlic)
2. Cut the potatoes into circles…you don’t even have to peel them unless you really want to. Sprinkle some olive oil on a cookie pan and line the potatoes up side by side on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle olive oil on top of the potatoes.
3. Cut the onions in whichever way you’d like (diced, rings, teeny) Dice the Green Pepper and sprinkle those two things on top of the potatoes.
4. Sprinkle the ground turkey over the green pepper and onion layer.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese over the meat layer
6. take the fresh spinach leaves and hold them in your hands, stacking around 5 on top of each other. Roll the spinach leaves up then slice them so horizontally (they will come out in strips)
7. Stick in the oven for about 20 minutes.
This recipe is so versatile, you could use several different types of cheese, different colored peppers, really whatever you’d like to top it with. You don’t have to be precise with cutting anything and it’s quick…I love it!
Let me know if you like it!
Shared with: A Life in Balance
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Kelly D’Ambrosio (see all)
- Advice to Parents (What Your Kids Want You to Know) – September 23, 2016
- Step Past Your Fear – March 26, 2015
- Sense-ing the Holidays – November 28, 2014