It’s that time of year again…when we’re (mostly) wrapping up (pun intended!) Christmas shopping and decorating and starting to think about the coming New Year! And, in that vein, many of us are thinking about how we can make 2015 THE year we ________________ (fill in the blank with whatever it is you want to accomplish).
But the problem with trying to describe THE way to get organized, for example, is that everyone is different! After the basics of “preview and purge,” everyone has their own unique method of keeping things organized. Some work with boxes, others with shelves, and yet others with files… And then it depends on what you’re trying to keep track of…
And so with that in mind, we perused the World Wide Web to find sites that offered a variety of plans and ideas and suggestions, confident that something might be perfect JUST FOR YOU!
Neither Candy nor I “do” New Year’s resolutions anymore, but we are always looking for ways to improve ourselves and or family’s lives…and that includes improving our home organization skills! We’re hoping that some of these links may help you, too, in your search for the same…
- We have to start here, of course, where you will find many practical suggestions and information by “our own” Kim Pittman. Kim is the owner and heart of Organize4U. A professional organizer by trade, she personally helps dozens of people move, downsize and manage their possessions in a way that makes sense and which they can maintain…
- RealSimple has some both frugal and fun ways to clean, decorate and organize at home. They are also big on “green” and safe-for-you products. Check out their 31 Smart, Low-cost Organizing Ideas for some prompts…
- Mrs. Polly Rogers shares some GREAT resources in her post 50 Best Home Organizing Tips! Not only replete with ideas, there are also links to tutorials and suggestions to organize everything from your laundry room to your garage.
- And you will totally flip over this home tour – full of inexpensive ideas to brighten up and lighten up your home, from I Heart Organizing!
- Are you a crafter? Take a peek at all the stuff A Scrapmom’s Musings has to keep in order. No matter what your crafting niche, you can get an idea of how to organize it here!
- World Market (whose motto is “Unique, Authentic and Always Affordable”) has some very interesting home office storage solutions. I just LOVE their
- HGTV, which if I had access to watch everyday would cause me to stop writing and most likely shut down this website, offers some Quick Tips for Home Office Organization and thoughts on How to Make Your Home Office Work for You…
This video, tho a little “dated,” just goes to show that tried-and-true design concepts never go out of style! Welcome to my dream home office!
- Just looking through the pictures of neat-as-a-pin closets at the EasyClosets site made me want to go through my rooms one by one and make it happen!!!
- OrganizedHome is a really easily-navigated and easy-to-read site that has some great ideas for easy use and easy access to your pantry, general help in de-cluttering (ALWAYS a first step to getting organized!), and a handy-dandy Fall Cleaning guide, complete with a handy printable check-list!
- And for those of you who are really committed to this thing, Home Storage Solutions 101 has their 52 Weeks To An Organized Home challenge, where they send you 1 focus point each week, enabling you to be truly free from chaos by year’s end (and best of all, it’s FREE!).
- I was absolutely entranced by the pictures in the post 6 Simple Tips to a Perfectly Organized Home Office, from House Beautiful.
Everyone enjoys feeling comfortable in their own home, and while organization looks different for each of us, the true test is if we can handle our responsibilities in a timely manner, and extend hospitality to those whom we encounter during the course of our day.
Let me encourage you to find one area in which you can improve this year and go for it! You’ll feel better…and your family will appreciate you for it! (And ya’ know, you may just have some FUN in the process, too!)
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #147 – Get “outta Dodge” with AirBnB - May 24, 2017
- Summer Learning Roundup - May 19, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #146 – Where’s Your “happy place?” - May 17, 2017