Have I told you how much I love summer yet? Swimming (whether in a pool or at the beach), warm weather, working in the garden, and slower school (and life) schedules, to say nothing about the foods: the smell and taste of grilled meats and veggies, ice-cold teas and lemonade, luscious berries, juicy watermelons, tart citrus fruits…the list goes on and on.
Well, in honor of summer, I thought I’d re-share this blast from the past goodie from our site. I STILL (over 2 years later) absolutely drool at this salsa recipe, and it’s always been a hit with anybody else who’s tried it.
So…here it is, friends. And you’re welcome 😉
In all honesty, I have to thank a Facebook friend for this absolutely AMAZING salsa recipe! I wish I had invented this, but…well, who cares? I found it and I’m in love!
This mouth-watering concoction will appeal to your tastebuds on oh-so-many levels: tangy lime…that bit of a “kick” it leaves (not overpowering, but still there)…the cilantro bite…the Mexican-food feel…the surprising sweet/tart from cranberries… GAH! This has just about every corner covered to a novice “foodie”! Where has it been all my life?!
- 1 10-ox can of Rotel tomatoes (I used mild ’cause my family isn’t into super-hot…)
- 1 28-oz can of chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro (it’s SO worth it to grow this in your kitchen herb garden)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove minced garlic (this one is my favorite!)
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 whole jalapeno, chopped without seeds (optional, if you like extra heat)
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor (a thoughtful Christmas present from my kiddos) and whirl away. Best if refrigerated overnight before serving. Kick back and eat in awe!
My favorite part of this recipe is that it’s so EASY! (And you know we’re into easy, right?!) Whip a batch of this up the night before you have a meeting or party, grab a bag of taco chips at the store, and you’re ready to GO! And don’t hesitate to share the recipe…unless you want to be the hit of the party 😉
Do you have a favorite summer recipe to share? Share it below in the comments – we’d all love to hear about it!
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Homeschool Freedom Fridays – Why I Homeschool – August 18, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #159 – Who Turned Out the Lights? – August 16, 2017
- How to Assign High School Credit to Life Learning Opportunities – August 14, 2017