Once again I have to thank a FB friend for this absolutely AMAZING salsa recipe! I wish I had invented this, but…well, who cares? I found it and I’m in love!!!!
This mouth-watering concoction will appeal to your tastebuds on oh-so-many levels: tangy lime…that bit of a “kick” it leaves (not overpowering, but still there)…the cilantro bite…the Mexican-food feel…the surprising sweet/tart from cranberries… GAH! This has just about every corner covered to a novice “foodie”! Where has it been all my life?!
- 1 10-ox can of Rotel tomatoes (I used mild ’cause my family isn’t into super-hot…)
- 1 28-oz can of chopped tomatoes, with juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup red onion
- 1/4-1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 whole jalapeno, chopped without seeds (optional, if you like extra heat)
Throw all the ingredients into a food processor and whirl away. Best if refrigerated overnight before serving. Kick back and eat in awe!
My favorite part of this recipe is that it’s so EASY! (And you know we’re into easy, right?!) Whip a batch of this up the night before you have a meeting or party, grab a bag of taco chips at the store, and you’re ready to GO! And don’t hesitate to share the recipe…unless you want to be the hit of the party 😉
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #129 – Let’s hit the ground runnin’! - January 18, 2017
- Documenting life experiences in a high school transcript - January 16, 2017
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day Resources - January 13, 2017