Good morning and welcome to Coffee and Conversation #100 – hosted by PatAndCandy.com!
Ya’ know, ya’ just never know!
Woot woot! Welcome to our 100th Coffee and Conversation link party! When Candy and I started doing these posts, we had no idea what we were doing… Candy had “discovered” link parties, and shared our own posts in a bunch of them, and we just figured hosting one from time to time would be a nice way to return the favor to the bloggers with whom we’d “par-tayed” – but whoda thunk we’d keep it going for upwards of 2 YEARS!?
My thoughts these past few days have been heavily influenced by our first featured post. Absolutely a must-read/watch (it’s a TEDx video). Amy’s message absolutely resonated with me. I think almost anyone “out there” who lives and breaths will be able to relate to some part of it…and will most definitely be inspired! My takeaways?
- I am most definitely a “detourist” – certainly not to the extent she describes, but definitely on that path, nonetheless;
- I will endeavor to find the flowers in wherever and whatever situations the detours of my life will take me, and
- I will constantly remind myself that detours are not a dead-end – unless I choose to make them so!
Amy’s talk was definitely a motivator to “keep on keepin’ on” this summer, with joyful anticipation, to:
- Continue preparing and planning for our fall homeschool – a very different one than we’ve enjoyed over the past few years;
- Continue growing personally as a mom (see Kayla’s feature, below), wife, sister, and friend;
- Continue growing professionally as a writer and blogger and professional
Hope you, too, find encouragement in our features below! Enjoy the summer break with friends and family, but always be ready to grab a hold of any detours that come your way!
Now on to this week’s features!
Holy moly – you just gotta listen to Amy’s story (16 minutes), and you may want to add this to the TED talks to share with your teen… We never know what detours life will throw at us… (Please note: around the 6:00 mark, Amy shares about prior sexual abuse in her life.)
Kim, from LearningHypotheses.com, shares a list of study skills that will help your kiddos this fall – no matter what method you use in your homeschool! Summer’s a great time to sit back, consider their learning styles, and teach them about the options they can best use as they continue on their education journey…
FromKayla.com… Ok, y’all, you have homework this week – take Kayla’s message here and store it in your heart! I have been there, and most likely will be again, but this made me want to give all us moms a big bear hug…
Beth, from ClassesByBethPlus, encourages us to teach our children to love learning…which you all may know by now is kinda my mantra!
Thank you all so much for your inspiration and timely words…
Please feel free to grab our button for your site and brag about your feature!
Now, on to the party…
Just a reminder…
By linking up, you’re confirming that you’ve read and agree to the following…
Link up family-friendly posts that support our site’s mission of encouraging, inspiring & informing women. Think: parenting, homeschooling, marriage, recipes, DIY, saving money, faith-building, etc. (Serious business…Link up vulgarity and it’ll be deleted.) Please feel welcome to contribute up to 3 posts!
…and then visit at least 2 other links. That’s what makes this a par-tay! Plus, it’s kinda the polite thing to do.
Linking up gives us permission to use and share your photos and blog posts (giving credit to you, of course!).
Share posts with good quality, pinnable images and be sure to link back to us in your post or on your blog. You can use the Coffee & Conversation button in your sidebar or a text link. (Your chances of being featured will greatly increase 😉 )
Oh, and would you be so kind as to Tweet this and pass the word around?
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Homeschool Freedom Fridays – Why I Homeschool – August 18, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #159 – Who Turned Out the Lights? – August 16, 2017
- How to Assign High School Credit to Life Learning Opportunities – August 14, 2017