Good Morning and welcome to Coffee and Conversation #72 – hosted by PatAndCandy.com!
Around this time of year, besides getting ready for Christmas and all that that entails, I find myself looking at how the year’s been going in general: you know, what’s working and what needs tweaking. While many people use this season to also consider New Year’s resolutions, I’ve chucked that whole concept for my “Word of the Year”. This is the 3rd year I’m working from that principle, and if you haven’t read it yet, here’s my post about my Word for 2016. You can read about my Word for 2014 and 2105 here, too, if you haven’t already…
I’ve found that having that Word has provided me with a terrific lens through which to evaluate life. Specifically, I look at these things:
- Relationships – how’s my marriage working out – do we need some time away? Do we need to make time for conversations about specific things, such as finances, parenting, sex, vacations, home-care, or anything else? How ’bout with the kids – are they getting enough quality time from me? My folks? Friends? Small group and church family?
- School – what classes have gone well (or not)? What character traits do I need to work on, either for myself or the kids? How does our schedule look: do we need to cut out some stuff, or would it be ok to try something new?
- Self-care – am I spending enough time in prayer and quiet time? Eating well? Getting enough exercise and sleep? Am I dreaming big dreams and following through with them for my sake? What am I lacking that cripples me from being the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, neighbor, etc I can be?
- Future plans – what plans for the coming year do we need to discuss as a family?
What about you?
I know this is a busy time of the year. But maybe because it IS so busy, it’s that much more important to make time and create a space from which you can step back, evaluate the present, and craft a new year that will bring growth and hope and wonderful things to you and those you love.
Dear readers and friends, as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, and get ready to close out 2015 and welcome 2016, I will be praying that the words of Jeremiah 29:11 will be made manifest in your lives:
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Now enjoy this week’s readers’ favs!
There’s not getting around this one: if you’re married, you’re bound to find at least one habit here that will tug at your heart. But Anastasia offers some good tips here…and hope!
I really enjoy Giftie’s writing style…and she shares some really sweet and simple tips to keep you supplied with coffee as you write… 😉
I’ve been homeschooling for almost 20 years, and I still appreciated the reminders that Colleen gave us here. If you homeschool…yes, you need to read this one!
Thank you for your inspiration, ladies!
Please feel free to grab a button to
brag about it display on your site! 😉
And…party time at last!
By linking up, you’re confirming that you’ve read and agree to the following…
Link up family-friendly posts that support our site’s mission of encouraging, inspiring & informing women. Think: marriage, parenting, recipes, DIY, saving money, faith-building, etc. (Serious business…Link up vulgarity and it’ll be deleted.) Please limit your contributions to 2 shares, so that others may have a place at the party…
…and then visit at least 2 other links. That’s what makes this a par-tay! Plus, it’s kinda the polite thing to do.
Linking up gives us permission to use and share your photos and blog posts (giving credit to you, of course!).
Share posts with good quality, pinnable images and be sure to link back to us in your post or on your blog. You can use the Coffee & Conversation button in our sidebar or a text link. (Your chances of being featured will greatly increase 😉 )
Oh, and would you be so kind as to Tweet this and pass the word around?
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Coffee and Conversation #159 – Who Turned Out the Lights? – August 16, 2017
- How to Assign High School Credit to Life Learning Opportunities – August 14, 2017
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Science Fair Help! – August 11, 2017