From events to activities to parades…there’s lots to do to celebrate Christmas in South Georgia! Get your planner ready and read on for some fun and festive ways to enjoy the holidays in our region…then
…enter some of your own suggestions in the comments below to get a chance to win a FREE subscription to SouthWest Georgia Living Magazine!*
- “Now for something totally different!” During the 4 Saturdays in December, Wilderness SouthEast in Savannah is offering unique, outdoor day trips! Helping folks discover the wild Georgia coast, each weekend there is a different focus, from alligators and exploring the black water ecosystems to kayaking on the salt marsh and investigating Tybee Island, enjoy the Christmas season in a way your family will never forget!
- Also in Savannah, Savannah Riverboat Cruises have special holiday events on December 6 and 13th – how ’bout a “Sail with Santa?“
- Thomasville has it “goin’ on” during the Christmas season! From the Christmas in Lights drive-thru display to the Victorian Christmas, check out their Events & Festivals calendar and make your plans!
- Cuthbert is having a hometown Christmas Tour of Homes beginning at noon with soup, sandwiches and stories, followed by the tour and ending with wine and cheese in the evening!
- Albany – Kick off the season with the annual Santa exhibit at Thronateeska Heritage Center, found throughout their facilities, through January 10. This collection grows every year with new and vintage toys, ornaments, and decorations to celebrate the holiday season.
- Americus – Americus also gets things started early with their Parade of Trees starting November 18 and a Christmas Open House on November 20.
Christmas Parades are in the following cities on the following days:
- Albany – Saturday, December 6
- Americus – Thursday, December 4
- Camilla – Tuesday,December 2
- Leesburg – Saturday, December 6
- Plains – Saturday, November 29
- Nashville – Saturday,December 6
- Thomasville – Monday, December 1
And of course it would be remiss of us not to suggest you take a look at our “Celebrate Christmas in S Georgia” Pinterest board and our very own site calendar!
OK, now it’s YOUR turn – what’s going on in YOUR neck of the woods this holiday season? When you share it in the comments below you automatically get a chance to win a FREE subscription to Southwest Georgia Living Magazine*! Get it for yourself…or use it as a great Christmas gift for someone you love!
Wishing You and Yours a fantastic Christmas season…wherever you live!
*Winner will be chosen randomly on Saturday, November 15, from comments entered below and notified via email.
Shared with: Faith Along the Way
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- Homeschool Freedom Friday – Earth Day Resources - April 21, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #142 – Another way to save money - April 19, 2017
- How to Be the Perfect Mother - April 17, 2017