Hi there! Welcome back to Homeschool Freedom Fridays! Today I’m sharing my take on some things you should never have to say “I’m sorry” about… I think you’ll agree with them, too!
Thanks for joining me 🙂
Homeschool Freedom Friday Takeaways
Parenting teens can sometimes be a little bit tricky! They are looking ever more closely at us as they seek role models for adulthood. At the same time, they are trying to discover their own way of growing into that role.
While I do think that it’s important for parents of teens to admit to and apologize for mistakes as we make them, I also think there are some areas where we should stand our ground. There are some situations for which we should make no apologies whatsoever!
- Never apologize for wanting to eat family meals together
- Never apologize for asking how their day went
- Never apologize for praying for or with them
- Never apologize for requesting help around the house
- Never apologize for helping them discover the direction for their future
Can you think of anything else parents shouldn’t apologize for? Tell us your thoughts in the comments…
See you next week!
You might be interested in these posts, too!
Latest posts by Pat (see all)
- 9 Ways to Celebrate
Women’s Health and Fitness Day – September 25, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #164 – Time to Get Unstuck – September 20, 2017
- Coffee and Conversation #163 – and “100 years”… – September 13, 2017